Thursday, February 18, 2010

Wednesday the 17th

Today has been a low energy day. The stomach hasn't been feeling incredibly hot and I think it's making me dehydrated. Still it's been a good day. I haven't spent much time with the kids, but I was able to take a little nap and also got to do some organizing in the depot. The depot is where they store all their supplies like formula, bottles, clothing, and other such items. I love making something that looks like a disaster look presentable. Mom had a great moment today-she got her first giggle out of Jenna. It's sounds so simple, but it's sort of a big milestone. We've had some smiles, which have been nice, but today she put her in a swing and she just started giggling. At first she thought it might be a cry, but there was no mistaking the smile on her face. One thing I forgot to mention yesterday was that Jenna's father came by to see her. We were so glad to see that and it's a good indication that she probably won't be abandoned at the orphanage-that at some point he'll probably take her back. She watched mom while she walked away, but didn't cry. And then Jenna's dad left at the same time that mom went to the hospital and while they were both leaving, Jenna was waving like crazy at them. It was pretty sweet. Then in the evening we had our Bible study. What a difference a week makes. Last week we had 6 new people, who had arrived just like an hour or two before the study started. This week they feel a little like family. God has been so good to me. In every area of my life. I feel so blessed to be here and I know the blessing is more on me than what I've left for them. It's been a very humbling experience. I've got a lot of processing to do as I head home. I feel I've learned so much and just yet I can't really put it down into words

No comments:

Post a Comment